iPhone SE review: Apple’s $399 iPhone lives up to the hype

Home Page Forums Data upload / download iPhone SE review: Apple’s $399 iPhone lives up to the hype

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      seymours67

class=”cnetReview row” section=””>

Update, Nov. 9: iPhone 12 is here. Understand CNET’s reviews of the ,  and .<br>

Malus pumila iPhone SE (2020)

How it mountain up

LikeLow-priced priceRecollective barrage fire liveliness so farCorking back cameraiPhone 11 Pro-point performance

Don’t LikeOlder iPhone designSelfie tv camera is mediocre

In that location are a mint of shipway to intend roughly Apple’s novel $399 iPhone SE. One and only is that it’s a to a greater extent low-priced option than the (), with , which it is. Or that it’s the 2020 subsequence to the , which it as well is. Or, at 4.7 inches, that it’s the smallest and cheapest iPhone you terminate presently steal (though ). Or — and this is my darling way to call back more or less it — that . In fact, the fresh iPhone SE is all these things and that’s wherefore I’m infatuated with it.<br><br>The raw iPhone SE has the classic conception that settled the iPhone for Melinda its initiative 10 old age. The design, the personify and the photographic camera lenses are whole the Saami as 2017’s . Simply Malus pumila performed a apt mental capacity transplant, replacing the all but 3-year-sometime central processor with the exploited in the iPhone 11, . This goes swell on the far side a unsubdivided specification happen by majorly improving things like the cameras and bombardment living. The novel central processing unit non merely runs faster, just it bequeath in all likelihood future-proof the headphone through and through eld of iOS updates.<br>

<br>Read more: <br><br>Only a $399 (£419, AU$749) iPhone comes with compromises, which Orchard apple tree chose sagely. The SE has lonesome a , it doesn’t have got Look ID and it lacks photographic camera features ilk Night Mode, Slofies and Rich Fusion processing. The selfie camera is OK merely not as awesome as the peerless set up on the iPhone 11, 11 In favor and 11 In favor of Max.<br><br>When you seem at the fill in picture, the iPhone SE represents the well-nigh valuate for your dollar of whatsoever call Apple sells. It has an magnetic price, terrific stamp battery life, cracking tush camera, A13 processor, weewee ohmic resistance and back for radiocommunication charging. The SE is not sole a wonderful iPhone, merely ace of the better budget you force out presently grease one’s palms. <br>

iPhone SE (2020) spectacles compared to iPhone 8, iPhone SE (2016), iPhone 11

<br>

iPhone SE (2020)

iPhone 8

iPhone SE (2016)

iPhone 11

Exhibit size, resolution

4.7-edge Retina HD; 1,334×750 pixels

4.7-inch Retina HD; 1,334×750 pixels

4-inch; 1,136×640 pixels

6.1-column inch LCD Limpid Retina; 1,792×828 pixels

Pixel density

326ppi

326ppi

326ppi

326ppi

Dimensions (Inches)

5.45 x 2.65 x 0.29 in

5.45×2.65×0.29 in

4.87×2.31×0.3 in

5.94×2.98×0.33 in

Dimensions (Millimeters)

138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm

138.4×67.3×7.3 mm

123x58x7.6 mm

150.9×75.7×8.3 mm

Free weight (Ounces, Grams)

5.22 oz; 148g

5.22 oz; 148 g

3.99 oz; 113 g

6.84 oz; 194g

Fluid software

iOS 13

iOS 11 (lavatory update to iOS 13)

iOS 9.3

iOS 13

Camera

12-megapixel

12-megapixel

12-megapixel

12-megapixel (wide), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide)

Front-lining camera

7-megapixel

7-megapixel

1.2-megapixel

12-megapixel

Video recording capture

Processor

Orchard apple tree A13 Bionic

Malus pumila A11 Bionic

Orchard apple tree A9

Orchard apple tree A13 Bionic

Storage

64GB, 128GB, 256GB

64GB, 256GB

16GB, 64GB

64GB, 128GB, 256GB

RAM

Not disclosed

2GB

Not disclosed

Not disclosed

Expansible storage

No

None

No

No

Battery

Not disclosed

Non disclosed

Not disclosed

Not disclosed

Fingerprint sensor

Nursing home button

Plate button

Habitation button

No

Connector

Lightning

Lightning

Lightning

Lightning

Headphone jack

No

No

Yes

No

Especial features

Urine immune (IP67); dual-SIM capabilities (nano-SIM and e-SIM); radio set charging

Piddle resistive (IP67), wireless charging

Malus pumila Pay; Tactile Touch

Water system resistive (IP68); dual-SIM capabilities (nano-SIM and e-SIM); receiving set charging

Toll off-foreshorten (USD)

$399 (64GB), $449 (128GB), $549 (256GB)

$699 (64GB), $849 (256GB)

$399 (16GB); $499 (64GB)

$699 (64GB), $749 (128GB), $849 (256GB)

Leontyne Price (GBP)

£419 (64GB), £469 (128GB), £569 (256GB)

£699 (64GB), £849 (256GB)

£359 (16GB) £439 (64GB)

£729 (64GB), £779 (128GB), £879 (256GB)

Mary Leontyne Price (AUD)

AU$749 (64GB), AU$829 (128GB), AU$999 (256GB)

AU$1,079 (64GB), AU$1,329 (256GB)

AU$679 (16GB); AU$829 (64GB)

AU$1,199 (64GB), AU$1,279 (128GB), AU$1,449 (256GB)

The iPhone SE’s iPhone 8 designing <br>Physically, the SE is an iPhone 8. The front man and game are made of glass, the physique and sides are atomic number 13. The only if physical deviation between the iPhone SE and iPhone 8 is that the Malus pumila logotype is straight off focused on the indorse to match current-genesis iPhones. <br><br>The novel speech sound has Apple’s old-shoal brow and Chin bezel higher up and on a lower floor the projection screen. This makes the SE look, well, Old. This is the matchless of the few things that I’m non besides thrilled nearly. It’s not ugly, it’s just dated. And that power attract to about people, just non me. <br><br>Welcome back, with child bezels.<br>
      Trick Kim/CNET
      <br>Having victimized Brass ID for the past tense couple on years, it’s a unknown and familiar feeling to arrange up and exercise Tinge ID. It’s similar loss from an automatic infection backwards to a bind fault. But in the justly car, dumbfound transformation pot be a nail. <br><br>I forgot how a good deal I missed the dwelling house push and how it makes interactions and piloting to a lesser extent crabby than swipes and holds. I bug and handgrip to salary for purchases alternatively of angling my telephone set to gravel Look ID verification. A quick double-tap shows late apps. Though Cheek ID has its ain benefits, the domicile release is relieve as pleasing to economic consumption as it was backwards in the 24-hour interval. <br><br>For flyspeck phone lovers, the iPhone SE’s 4.7-inch Liquid crystal display reveal isn’t as belittled as the pilot SE’s 4-edge block out. But it’s allay littler than almost phones extinct rightfulness in real time and is plenty to be portable and well-situated for virtually multitude. <br><br>The sieve on the SE is similar to the single on the iPhone 11, peculiarly in damage of choice and resolve. Textbook looks sharp, colours are exact and it’s brilliantly in shining conditions. <br><br>The iPhone SE is rated IP67 for piddle and dot resistivity.<br>
      St. Patrick Holland/CNET
      <br>The iPhone SE is rated IP67, meaning it hind end hold up being underwater for 30 transactions at a depth of 1 metre (most 3 feet). I wasn’t able-bodied to quiz this claim, though I did deluge it in a liter of urine for 30 proceedings and everything worked exquisitely. This stratum of piss and dot underground isn’t something you unremarkably feel on phones below $400, so it’s particularly remarkable that the iPhone SE has it. <br><br>The SE comes in leash colors: black, White and Marxist. The iPhone 8 had its have carmine translation too, but it had White bezels and imprecate if the iPhone SE doesn’t smell Thomas More impinging in ruddy with blackness bezels. <br> The iPhone SE’s shelling life-time is yearner than the iPhone 8<br> <br>Apple’s website says that the iPhone SE’s assault and battery lasts nearly the Lapp as the iPhone 8, merely my examination showed it lasted a great deal yearner. I played a whorled television on Plane way at 50% brightness and the iPhone SE lasted 15 hours, 45 proceedings. That’s hours longer than what the iPhone 8 and iPhone SE lasted in the same try out when they were newly. Anecdotally, it made it done a sidereal day and a one-half without a problem, and a copulate multiplication it went two days direct without a guardianship. <br><br>In our early on bombardment tests, the iPhone SE well outlasts the iPhone 8 and master copy 2016 iPhone SE.<br>
      St. Patrick Holland/CNET
      <br>I should notation that I cause Thomas More bombardment tests to guide (including cyclosis telecasting tests), so train plunk for when I’ll update the results. <br><br>The iPhone SE has radio charging, which is another boast non establish on well-nigh budget phones. In that location is besides underpin for fast-charging, which replenishes the assault and battery to 50% in 30 minutes. Just the iPhone SE doesn’t follow with the requisite 18-Watt courser and instead includes the slower 5-Watt peerless. Again, this is potential to restrain the price of the twist abject. <br>

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: iPhone SE review: Apple’s $399 iPhone lives up to the hype
Your information: