Last Updated: February 28, 2019
Thank you for using COSMIC²!
In principle, COSMIC² strives to:
- Collect, store, and use the minimum amount of personal information that is necessary for its legitimate business purposes, and to comply with legal obligations.
- Take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we manage is accurate and up-to-date.
- Limit who has access to the personal information in our possession to only those who need it for a legitimate, specific purpose.
- Protect personal information through appropriate physical and technical security measures tailored to the sensitivity of the personal data we hold.
- Communicate with our users about how we use personal information in our day-to-day operations.
- Provide opportunities to control your personal information, as permitted by applicable United States and other laws.
- Integrate privacy in the design of our activities when that involves the use of personal data.
The COSMIC² system is hosted at the San Diego Supercomputer Center at UCSD and adheres to the University of California and UCSD Privacy and Security policies that govern appropriate system usage and the protection of systems and data. The University of California Electronic Communications Policy provides guidance on topics such as Allowable use of Systems, Privacy and Confidentiality, Security Practices, Data Retention, etc. Also, the UC San Diego Policy and Procedures Manual # 135 provides minimum Computing Services security standards that must be met within the UCSD Campus network.