Users will always be able to utilize their own XSEDE allocation on COSMIC². To help new users with the application process, COSMIC² will offer one-on-help consulting to get you the computing time that you need.
XSEDE funds two types of computing allocations, ‘Startup‘ or ‘XRAC‘:
- Startup: This allocation is meant for getting preliminary data in order to apply for XRAC proposals.
- Minimal material required
- Receive computing allocation within 2 – 3 days
- Startup allocations have an upper limit to the amount of computing time that can be requested
- XRAC: XRAC (XSEDE Research Allocation) allocations are meant to sustain research projects, providing PIs with the supported needed to carry-forward data intensive analysis.
- Large allocations can be requested (if justified)
- Applications are accepted quarterly
- Requires 3 – 6 page proposal with justifications for all computing requested.
Be sure to learn more from XSEDE’s information for submitting successful proposals here in this webinar.
Request one-on-one consulting
To get help with the process, please submit the Contact Form with your information and a subject line of XSEDE Proposal Help Request.
To help new users, we are providing example documents for XSEDE proposals:
- Full XRAC request for COSMIC2 – This details all resources requested for COSMIC2 gateway
- Example XRAC Main Document – Main document providing background and justification for XRAC submission
- Code Performance and Scaling Document for RELION – Required document for RELION code